Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pictures Anyone

What kind of blogger doesn't post pictures - a lazy one and I am sorry, I haven't posted pictures in SUCH a long time, I have just been lazy. I take pictures all the time, and by all the time I mean ALL the time, at least 2-4 times a week. I am still addicted to getting good photos, you know, good - high quality photographer style. I almost took a photography class but like any good naturally talented artist I convinced myself that I can teach myself, after all I do have a natural talent right? (laugh) ya shut up I do ok I think.
Anyway I am going to start adding pictures to make you happy, and so I can no longer call myself lazy! I took pictures of Summer on Tuesday night. It was the perfect temperature outside and the weather was overcast, which makes for wonderful lighting if I do say so myself. I always struggle with getting pictures that show how beautiful the eyes are but I think this set captured it nicely, what do you think?




Summer has started to take an interest in dressing herself. I think a lot of kids her age are already doing basic things like pulling up and down pants, taking off shoes but this hasn't clicked for my child yet. Hopefully she is more graceful than her mother, goodness knows I have issues with balance! If balance has anything to do with getting dressed (actually does it?) anyway the norm at our house is barefoot, even outside most of the time can be shoeless because the grass feels so nice on the bare feet. Since it is warming up outside, the driveway and sidewalk are becoming lava scorchers so the need for shoes, at least in the front yard, will probably increase. I put shoes on Summer on Tuesday so we could go take pictures, the plan was to take pictures of ants, but as you can see from the pictures above, Summer is no ant and I did not get any good pictures of an ant, I need a different lens for that apparently. The shoes I put on her little piggies were shoes she doesn't normally wear but still cute and I figured we weren't going to be out there long so who needs socks. From what I can tell Summer didn't like the shoes or doesn't like the shoes without socks and wanted them off. I always take her shoes off when she wants them off, except this past Tuesday, I told her to take them off herself, she is a big girl now, and while she struggled with the shoe monster I took a picture.


Because that is what a good mom does, she takes pictures of everything, even the small things, the unimportant little things that end up meaning the most. No, she never did get the shoe off without help, I had to slide the shoe off the heal and then she was able to do the rest. She was happy, I was happy, and I like the picture.

No comments: