Sunday, June 28, 2009

Messy Food

I am lucky to have a child who enjoys food. Most nights I cook something that Summer enjoys, or at least it seems that way when most of the food disappears. There are a few meals that seem to hang around but I don't force eating, I know my child and if she is hungry, she will most definitely eat. Last night I made one of our messy favorites, spaghetti. I like to add a whole can of mushrooms and 1-2 zucchini's to my pot of store bought spaghetti. I also use wheat noodles because I think they are healthier. Summer loves noodles, I don't know if she even realizes they are covered in tomato sauce. I am pretty sure she does not eat the mushrooms and I know she does not like the zucchini but at least they are there for the texture and the flavor. When we have a spaghetti night I use the plastic bib. Actually the only meal I use this plastic bib for is spaghetti. Somehow sauce and noodles end up all over the face, shirt, tray, and I would say the floor but thankfully I have a dog who is willing to immediately clean up the mess. As with every meal I provide a fork, but most of the time the fork is picked up and put down and the fingers do the real work here.


At least the fork brightens up the plate right? I find it funny watching Summer suck up the noodles, she is such a little sloppy pro at it. After she was finished eating Kris said I should have just thrown her in the pool to clean her off but the clean up really isn't that bad, one washrag, three or four ringings and we are all good to go. I know Summer enjoys the meal, I can tell by the mess she leaves all over her face.



Tonight we are having turkey burgers which are not very messy. Last week we had turkey burgers and Summer almost ate the entire thing, bun, cheese, turkey, mustard, ketchup, so I hope she is up to the task tonight.

No comments: