Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Own TV Show

You know when you watch an episode of House, or Grey's Anatomy, or any of those doctor shows, and the patient is told they need a certain procedure but they refuse, and the doctors are all mad and try to find a way to trick them into taking it, and you - the audience totally agree with the doctors, well I kinda feel like that evil patient that isn't willing to take a daily shots for a controversial clotting disorter that I have. It helps that the doctor admits it is a controversial treatment and he admits he is a very aggressive doctor, but it still sucks because if something does happen to this otherwise perfectly healthy baby it will be because of me and my body and my choices. All I can do is hope that by keeping things natural everything will work out, and hopefully I get lucky.

So if luck is in my favor, good luck that is, then we are going to welcome our second daughter into our family sometime in November. Her 20 week anatomy ultrasound today was perfect, she is happily moving all the time, which I was told is a really good thing. It means she is getting a lot of exercise. The doctor did say that it could also be because a) I am so thin and b) because my placenta is in the back so there isn't much blocking her movements. Of course being the worrier that I am, I figured she was moving so much because she was/is in agonizing pain, but I like the doctors explanation much better.

I got to see this little girl wiggle and move around for a good 20+ minutes today. I saw all kinds of body parts, her brain, her heart, her legs, hands, feet, head, nose, pretty much every little part on her body. The technician was pretty good at pointing things out to me. Oh - and I found out her second toe is longer than her first toe, which is just like my toe! I don't think Summer has a longer second toe, like her daddy, so maybe this little girl will have my feet. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, but very interesting.

Now the hard part, waiting 20 more weeks and finding a name. I really can't complain much, besides being ill I have had a fairly easy pregnancy. I mean being ill really sucks but at least I haven't had any complications. And if I hadn't turned 35 I would never have known about my controversial clotting disorder and I can pretend I am still 34 and be oblivious to that piece of information.

In other not so good news, I found out last Thursday that my OB doctor on Base, the one I picked because I would have one doctor follow and deliver me, will be gone on a two week TDY right before I deliver. Chances are he will not be around for the delivery. He wasn't happy, I am annoyed but that is a ways out and between now and then anything can happen. Maybe I will be late and he will be back, or maybe I will be early and he will still be here. Now we just have to wait ...

No comments: