Friday, July 15, 2011

What a Week!

This has been one of the busiest weeks ever. On Monday Summer got her new bed. On Tuesday I took Summer to her first cheerleading class. Well actually it was the third class but we missed the first two, and it is only a 6 week program. She really enjoyed the class so I will probably sign her up again after this course ends. On Wednesday, well that was the BIG day, my little baby turned 4! We had a princess tea dress up party at 10:30 where Summer and 5 other little girls celebrated in style! It was a lot of fun and very cute :o)



After the princess party some friends stays to swim, and then we relaxed and waited for the real party. It was at the bouncy house and didn't start until 5:30. 20 little kids bounced and ran for over an hour, it was fun to watch the energy but I was kinda glad I didn't have to jump myself.

and yes, this was the cutest birthday outfit ever! Summer really didn't like it, luckily as we were entering the bouncy place some moms were leaving and they commented on how cute it was, so that helped. I think this may be the last year I am able to pick out her outfit :o(

On Thursday Summer had her 4 year well check up. Weighing in at 41.5 pounds, measuring 42.5 inches tall, still in the 90+ % for both, she is as healthy as can be. When she turned 3 she was 37.5 pounds and 39.5 inches so she gained 4 pounds and 3 inches in one year. She was also lucky enough to get three vaccines! Well, maybe lucky isn't the right word, but I really played it up and she was looking forward to it, until the first needle hit her soft chunky little thigh, her face had such a look of shock and she almost lost it, I, on the other hand, was trying my hardest not to lose it myself. I don't know how people can watch their children get shots, it was insane! She didn't end up crying, even with all 3 pokes, I was so proud of her. Later in the day one of her legs was sore :o( but as of today she seems fully recovered.

That brings us to today. 22 weeks pregnant and still quite ill. People always say that every pregnancy is different and I didn't want to believe that, I wanted to be completely over my sickness at 14 1/2 weeks like I was with Summer, but that is not the case :o( I do have good days and I really want to know why, is it something I eat, but I haven't figured it out, and to make matters worse I am starting to get heartburn. I have tums from my pregnancy with Summer but they expired a few years ago so I haven't taken any, I need to get to the store and buy some more. The good news is the little squirmy girl inside me is still very active so I don't worry as much as I could, of course I have my moments and I am still not convinced I will end up with a baby in November, but at least I am closer to the end. I might have a name picked out but we will see. I also stopped taking the daily baby aspirin because after two days I started having anxiety (thinking I was having a heart attack).

We head to the beach next week for our "official" summer vacation, I think I am looking forward to it, I guess we will see how it goes, hopefully I have good days while we are there. Until then ...

No comments: