Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation

California. Huntington Beach. Aquarium of the Pacific. Disneyland. We did it all, three days of fast fun. I will share a bunch of pictures and sum up my thoughts, good and bad, on each section of our trip.

Huntington Beach: Cold, Windy, Dirty, a lot of walking, humid, but overall we made it work. Does that sound like a complaint? As we were sitting on the beach we asked ourselves, why do we do this again? I think we might go to a nice hotel with a nice pool next year :o) Don't get me wrong, we had a nice time, Summer really enjoyed the waves, eventually, but I hate being cold, I hate cold water, I hate wind, I am not good with the sun, I hate being dirty/sandy ... you get the idea.





Aquarium of the Pacific. No complaints here, we needed something to do in the morning while it was still cold and overcast at the beach so we killed the morning and had a pretty good time. Afterward we had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, which just seemed right.




Disneyland. Overcrowded, a lot of walking, more walking, hot afternoon, but really how can we complain, Summer had a blast! She got to meet 5 princesses and a prince and a few other characters. We went to our hotel during the hot afternoon and hung out and swam then we headed back to the park in the evening to ride a few more rides. If you can believe her favorite ride was the roller coaster! It was fun, just a long day. The day we left we first had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and that, while very expensive, was so worth it. Summer got to eat with Balou, Chip, Dale, Aladdan, Pluto, Goofy, she really enjoyed seeing them all.





So that sums up our trip, it was nice but hard for us old timers :o)

No comments: