Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Better and Better

After we enjoyed our wine and sparkling apple cider and had a moment to relax in our amazing room. A little while later we decided to go for a walk and check out the rest of the property, and find food! Once we arrived in Laguna Beach but before we even arrived at the Montage we stopped at a Jack in the Box for a quick bite to eat and while sometimes hamburger joints are fun and the food can be good, I don't think any of us enjoyed our lunch, so we were a little hungrier than we normally would be and after hanging at the beach all day, really hungrier than normal.

While walking around we noticed kids playing in a large grassy area and Summer looked interested so we let her go run around. She kept running and running and smiling and she tripped once or twice but got right back up and continued to run - oh and she was barefoot, because the grass was so soft there was no need for constricting shoes!

After spending some time watching Summer run we decided to go eat at the place near the pool area. They had a bunch of tables right outside and in the middle of the area was a big fire pit. We chose to sit close to it, because the weather was a lot chillier than normal and I was cold. Summer was extremely tired by the time we sat at our table, the long drive and time spent at the beach was enough to make this girl, who only had a 40 minute nap, very sleepy. She was so worn out she kept putting her head on the table while we were waiting for our food.


To help pass the time and keep Summer awake Kris thought it would be fun to give her a lemon. Lemon photos are the best kind of photos, Summer went for the lemon, seemed to enjoy it at first, at least she enjoyed it enough to get a few really cool photos!






She was done with the lemon after a few nasty looking faces and dinner arrived soon after. We ordered the hot dog for Summer with a side of fruit. She wasn't really into the hot dog, maybe because it was huge but I cut it up into small pieces and she still wasn't really into it.


She did eat most of her fruit and quite a bit of the avocado from my sandwich wrap, which was excellent! It was a spinach wrap filled with grilled veggies and it was oh so yummy, I think it had red pepper and mushrooms and cheese, avocado, sprouts, and maybe something else - it was delicious and tasted so healthy. It came with a side of chips that also tasted healthy yet delicious and a side salad that was just as good. Kris ordered the cheese burger with sauteed onions and fries and he really enjoyed his dinner too. They had some amazing looking desserts on the menu but the plan was to come back later or tomorrow and try some, however I forgot - but that's ok, not like I really needed dessert!

Since I was freezing after dinner I decided to get on my swim suit and get Summer in one and head to the hot tub. Sorry no pictures from this event, but we had a nice time. Summer enjoyed the hot tub because it had seats and she could walk around the entire tub yet still be "in" the water. She called it her "pool" and did not want to get out. I spent the max amount of time I can stand to stay in a hot and when I was ready to get out Summer was not. In fact she almost threw a little fit when I finally decided we needed to go back to the room to settle in for the night.

Once we were back at the room I made Summer a little bed on the floor next to my side and set her up with the DVD player and a movie. I figured she would be asleep within minutes but around 9:00 I finally turned the DVD off and told her it was bed time, said prayers and within 5 minutes she was out. I think Kris and I were out around 9:30, it didn't take us long to fall asleep after such a wonderful day, and we still had an entire day to go!

No comments: