Friday, August 7, 2009

sssssttttt st st st st sttt sttts tt stuttering

Summer has started to stutter. At first I thought she was stuck on the letter S but then I realized it is the beginning of sentences that foul her up. Usually she is really excited, in a hurry, tired or has just woken. From what I have read, which isn't much, it is normal. Her little brain is working faster than her mouth is. She really has a very large vocabulary and talks in complete sentences now. Some of the things she says is amazing, we never expect it. Just this week daddy was trying to help her take a bite of her sandwich to which she said "daddy I can do it!" I guess she is growing up and starting to show a little independence. But back to stuttering, for the past couple nights we have been playing a new game, hide and seek with glow in the dark sticks. Daddy, Papa, and I sit in her room after sunset, we hide 3 glow in the dark sticks around her room, turn off the light and she finds them. We easily spend 30 minutes doing this and she has a blast finding the lights. Another neat thing, she assigns us colors. The night before last we had three lights, white, blue and red. I got blue every single time, papa got white and she kept red. She would give us each the stick and I always got blue. I guess (if you believe in the color aura thing) that I am blue to her or it could just be that's what she wants me to have. But anyway while we were playing we had the light on hiding the sticks and Summer stuttered ... tttt ttt t tt t tt t t t ttttt ttttt ttttt ttt t t t tttt turn the light on - but she meant off. We were all like Holy STUTTER batman, it seemed like she was stuck on that T for at least a minute. It was funny, she was tired, it was late. Kris has started to make her slow down when she stutters and it does help a lot.
What else is new, well ... I am sure a lot but nothing interesting comes to my fingers. We are not making any progress with potty training, I still don't think she is really ready, of course we could probably teach her but I guess we aren't ready. She still loves to eat, shrimp and fish are some of her surprising favorites. She loves her milk and water, I finally bought the vita water so she can get some fluoride. I also just bought some gummy multivitamins to start giving her just in case she somehow misses something from her diet, plus she likes them and calls them gummy bears.
Her eyes are still hazel, how cool is that, I made a baby girl with pretty hazel eyes!

We have a lot of fun planned this weekend, game night, play date, pool party, hiking, so hopefully I take some good photos and have better stories to tell next week.

No comments: