Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ana, the BFF

If you were to ask Summer about her friends, one she would mention immediately would be Ana. I met Casey when I was not even showing and we remained friends throughout our pregnancies and today our girls are less than 2 weeks apart and love spending time together. The Friday before we took the girls to see the Wiggles in concert at the Cox Pavilion. As I was hyping Summer up for the show I told her we were going to see the Wiggles with Ana and Casey. On the car ride to the event I kept telling Summer about the Wiggles and she kept saying Ana. I don't know how much Summer really enjoyed the show, she seemed to like it but I think she was just thrilled to be around Ana. At least the mommies had a great time, we knew all the songs and held our girls and danced, and it is always nice to see guys in really tight shirts jump around on stage, I mean ... we enjoyed the songs :o)




Like most times when we get together we asked the girls to give each other a hug, we now prepare ourselves for the great fall, usually one of both girls end up falling upon hugging but they did good here and did not topple over onto one another, I would consider this a rare but successful hug!

Last Sunday was Ana's birthday and to help her celebrate we headed over to their house for a party! Summer loves Ana and parties, especially when there are cupcakes and gifts to open. I was impressed because Summer did great when Ana opened her gifts - she did not try to open them but we told her she could help and when Ana blew out her candle Summer just watched in amazement but I still lit a candle for Summer to blow out. Summer even sang Happy Birthday to Ana all by herself in that wonderful baby girl voice. It was a really lovely party and the 2 or 3 cupcakes that I enjoyed were quite delicious.



As a gift we got Ana a big red blowup play thing and after Casey and I about passed out from the lack of oxygen from blowing it up, we managed to get it working and the girls had a blast playing with it, Ana more than Summer, the rolling part freaked Summer out a little bit, you can tell that Ana is the more adventurous of the two, but not that we didn't already know this before.



Casey decided to throw Ana another party tomorrow so we get to go for round 2. I will bring the cupcakes again and the bouncy house this time and I know the girls, and Chloe and Bette Mae, will have a blast. I am so glad Summer has her Ana and I hope they can grow up and be friends, what a great story that would be, friends before they were even born.

No comments: