Monday, August 3, 2009

The Library


Our first trip to the library was a success I guess, we spent about 45 minutes reading books and trying to teach/learn how to whisper. Luckily it was early and there were not many people in the library yet so no one complained when Summer spoke, which is not at all in a quite voice. To be honest I can't remember the last time I have been in a library and it was not really what I remembered, computers seem to be taking over and it was not as warm and inviting as I recall. I think next time we will just go to Borders or Barnes & Nobles and I will just have to resist the temptation to spend money on more books, something we surely do not need. But we did have a nice time, we read about 20 or 30 books and Summer had her favorites she made me read over and over. The library is right next to a park we had never noticed so after reading we headed out there and checked it out. It wasn't a large park but for the amount of time we spent out there, because it was really hot after all, it was worth it. They had a neat merry-go-round and that was something I haven't seen in any other parks yet but it wasn't like the kind from my day, this one would almost stop spinning if you stopped pushing it. At least we tried something new and got out of the house and it was close so we weren't in the car forever.


Here is a short video I took in the Library just because I can I guess, nothing special. Click on the link to go watch it in my flickr library.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

She is just too cute! Does your library have "story time"? My boys LOVE some story time :)

Jessica~ said...

they do have story time, I might try it one of these days ...