Monday, August 10, 2009

Weird Weekend

It was a strange weekend really, well compared to most of the weekends we have I guess, I don't have much to compare strangeness but I am pretty sure it was strange. On Friday night we spent an enjoyable evening at the Ross home playing games with friends. We really enjoyed the food (too much unfortunately) and the wii games. Summer had fun with everyone and we ended up staying up an extra hour because we just didn't want to go home. Summer did fine awake for another hour but Saturday is a different story. You would expect going to bed an hour late would cause one to wake up an hour late but that never happens, Summer still wakes up at the same time. We had a play date scheduled at our house for Saturday at 9:30/10:00. Jessica & Chloe showed up at 9:30 and things were going ok. Around 10:30 it was apparent that Summer was tired, perhaps getting one hour less sleep was to blame. Casey and Ana still had not arrived and I sent her a text telling her we may have to cancel but they were close and continued over. Summer ended up having a nice breakdown right before they arrived, luckily it was not because of anything Chloe did, instead she flipped out because she was not able to carry all of her people to her bed in one trip, not a normal reason to flip out, in fact flipping out is not normal at all. She was tired. Everyone finally left around 11:45 and Summer was sleeping within seconds. We had been invited to a pool party and BBQ at the Ross home at noon and I didn't want to show up too late so I woke Summer up at 1:15 and we headed over. WAIT I forgot one very important detail, first thing Saturday morning I was attempting to get the camera from Kris, who was dropping it from the upstairs to the downstairs and I was holding Summer in one arm and tried catching the bag with the other hand .... it fell, the camera lens snapped off the base and no longer works. I was devastated but did not have time to stop and properly morn because I was expecting company. I wanted the camera because Summer had really super cute hair that morning, she had braids the night before and her hair was all poofy and cute. I tried to get a picture of it with the iPhone but as you can see the lighting was bad and the picture did not come out.


So the camera was broke, the play date was a mini disaster, we were late for the BBQ/pool party but we did have a nice time, Summer swam with Charlene and then me and even went down their water slide right into the deep water all by herself. Of course she went under but people were there to catch her. Surely she swallowed water but she is a trooper and did not seem traumatized, however she did not want to do it again. When we finally got home on Saturday it was already 4:00. We were not hungry because we had eaten again (too much still) so I didn't bother to cook dinner and Summer was even more tired than before. I tried to keep her awake until bedtime but she fell asleep around 6:00 when I wasn't looking so I carried her into the bathroom and gave her a bath. She ended up falling asleep around her normal bed time of 8:30 but it only gets better ...
At some point during the middle of the night Lexi needed to get a drink of water or go the bathroom (Lexi is one of our two annoying dogs) so Kris had to wake up and let her out. Then around 5:30 Summer woke up crying. I went up there and she wanted up but I told her she needed to go back to sleep, luckily she did. Cliff woke up when Summer finally woke up for the day, again at her normal 6:30 time, and he played with her while Kris and I slept in until 8:00 - which was nice.
Sunday was a much better day, we went shopping and spent money! We bought a Nintendo wii, shoes, clothes for Summer, chocolate chip cookies, and we went to lunch. Summer fell asleep right before we got to the Olive Garden, one of our favorite places, and slept up until we left. It was a very lovely lunch, quiet ...
I took some pictures with my iPhone too to chronicle the event. This is the wines near our table :o)


And this is a picture of sweet little Summer, crashed out on the bench next to me. Her feet were in my lap while I ate my very quiet relaxing meal.


The day ended much better than I had expected. I found new camera lenses online and they should be here soon. I can't wait, but until they arrive I will master my Nintendo resort skills, should be fun!

No comments: