Saturday, November 7, 2009

The lone turtle


Yesterday Summer and I met a friend and her two children at the Artful Potter and enjoyed watching our children paint ceramics. Paint and not break, nothing was broken, not even a little turtle toe! I didn't know if Summer would do ok or not, we haven't ever painted anything like ceramics before, but Summer did a great job. I only helped a very little bit touching up the white spots, oh and I did the eyes and the mouth, but Summer really did the majority of the painting.


She handled the brush nicely. I tried to give her two brushes but she didn't grasp the concept of not mixing the paint, but that might be ok, might look better all mixed together anyway.


I was going to paint a cup but I didn't have time, Summer was done painting after 15 minutes, it didn't take her long at all, then I had to point out all the white spaces and have her get some paint on those spots, then I had to do the eyes and the mouth.

We are going back next week - Summer will hear a Thanksgiving story and create a turkey hand plate, that should be fun.

1 comment:

Mollie Cargill said...

how fun! I wish we had places like that around here....Her turtle looks great!