Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

While most people spend Thanksgiving together with family, I spent Thanksgiving, and the day before, preparing the most awesome Thanksgiving dinner ever. On Wednesday I made a banana bread and three desserts, a pumpkin cheesecake, a pumpkin banana pie and apple crisp. Then on Thursday I got up and got the turkey ready - juicy was the theme for the bird this year. I did a lot of online research and it paid off, the bird was indeed very juicy. I also made all my own sides, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and add a few olives, pickles, cranberries and rolls, dinner was a delicious success.

Summer enjoyed it mostly, by the time we got to eat, 1:30 ish, it was nap time and she was tired. She managed to stay awake to eat some of the food but fell asleep right after while we watched our yearly National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. She had a great 2 hour nap, half while on dad, the other half while in the living room floor. We spent the afternoon with our good friends the Springston's and all and all it was a great holiday.

Today I woke up, got dressed and left for "work" or so I told Summer as I dashed out the door and headed to Kohl's for some black Friday shopping. I think I did good, I am all done Christmas shopping and if I can control my spending in December we should be all set. We also put up the tree today and it looks good. Really the only thing I haven't done lately is take pictures, and with such a pretty girl ...


Such a shame, but we do have plans to go out on Sunday to take family pictures for the holiday card. I have no idea what we are going to wear - hopefully the outfits just work. I guess we will find out soon enough.

1 comment:

Sugar and Spice said...

Hi! Just came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! Were having a great sale plus free stuff for orders over $20! Hope youll check it out! :)
Thanks!
www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com