Friday, July 31, 2009

Hawaiian Getaway


My blog is usually about Summer because she is awesome, interesting and super cute but today I thought I would blog about my recent trip to Hawaii. I know what you are thinking, how cool a trip to Hawaii but it was really a work trip and I went alone so I didn't do the normal vacationing things that you would imagine, however I still had a very nice time hanging out with my brother, an old friend, and co-workers. The picture I took above was out the plane window as we were landing on the island, luckily I had a window seat and there were no clouds at that level.
When I first arrived I got my car and headed to my hotel. I had a few hours to kill before a co-worker was picking me up for dinner so I threw on a tank top, some shorts, and my flip flops and headed to the famous Waikiki beach.


I am not a big fan of actually getting in the ocean because it is full of scary things and the water is generally colder than I like but I do like looking out into the ocean and beyond and sat for a while, well until I got bored of just sitting there burning. I decided to take a stroll through the shops and bought a very expensive bottle of sunscreen, expensive only because I was buying it in Hawaii, but it was well worth it, my shoulders felt like they were going to catch on fire and I protected myself from any annoying burns. Since I had not really been on the sand yet I decided I would again go to the beach side and actually walk out onto the beach, not just sit on a bench on the other side to take a picture. I really don't like sand, it is sticky and annoying but I saw there anyway, all alone, looking around at the people having fun and took a few more pictures.



I could only handle so much beach and sun so I headed back to my hotel and finally went to dinner with a coworker where I enjoyed the coconut shrimp and coconut cake. Over the rest of my trip I tried the local flavors, I love the Asian food that you can easily find anywhere on the island. I met up with my brother and my very first boyfriend and his wife, small world, and we enjoyed dinner at some neat little island place.



The food was decent until they brought the fish, and I like fish, mostly, but when it comes out with a head, eyeballs, and a tail bleh I don't like that kind of fish. We all four picked at it, luckily that was the last dish and the rest of the food had done the job so we were not that hungry.
I have a feeling that was my last trip to Hawaii, at least for awhile, and I really tried to enjoy it. I went shopping and bought some really cheap items to give away to friends and family and I ate way too much but it was overall a nice relaxing trip. I even did a lot of work while I was there which is bonus since this was a company trip.

No comments: