Sunday, December 27, 2009

Later that night

Christmas day was like any other, except Summer had a bunch of new toys to keep her entertained. She napped early because we had plans with friends that evening. I got Summer a new dress for Christmas, one that had a matching baby doll dress. Of course she would not stay still enough for me to get a nice picture of her and her baby alone ...


You get the idea, they matched, it was super cute.

Luckily Summer was still enough to take a few cute Christmas day photos with Kris and I.


Look how cute my babies are, they are so happy and smiling.

So we headed to our friends house for Christmas dinner, a few hours into our visit Summer said, for the first time ever, her stomach hurt. She kept asking to go to the bathroom but nothing would happen. After the fourth failed attempt we assumed she had gas or was constipated - poor thing. She really didn't eat much food at all. After we all finished eating Summer felt warm and we thought she had a fever. When we got home and checked she did end up having a low grade fever and the next morning a runny nose to go with it but it went away by the end of the day. I don't even think the fever and tummy ache had anything to do with each other but how odd.

The fever and tummy ache reminded me how scary little things like that can be for a parent, there is nothing scarier, to me anyway, than thinking my child may be sick. I understand fever's are normal but because of the tummy ache and how she was acting, very tired and out of it, I was a little freaked out. It amazes me that I don't have panic attacks, the fear this little girl can cause me is insane.

Luckily it was a very quick bug and she seems to be doing fine now (the next day). Mostly fine today, little stinker didn't nap today and we are paying for it with whining, screaming and major attitude. I thought maybe we could give it a try but it is apparent she needs her naps. We are in bed early watching Annie again. I am trying to teach Summer the words to "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" and she seems to be getting it. She really likes the movie, all the singing of course. She did tell Kris to Shut Up last night and both of us looked at each other wondering where in the world she heard that, well I know, I just heard Carol Burnett tell the girls to Shut Up to which Summer mocked. Great!

No comments: