Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Summer: The 2009 recap

2009 was a great year for my baby-toddler, she has just exploded into so many new territories, I am still amazed at the things she can say and do so I thought I would use this time to sum up some of 2009, before it is gone.

I would have to say the biggest achievement in 09 was potty training. I really didn't think she was ready, I wasn't ready, and if it wasn't for my wonderful mother in law coming to visit I would not have even tried, but I am glad I did, after two long days she had it and continues to be fully potty trained. She is trained for naps and at night with only a rare bed wetting every month or so. 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks in age and I had a fully potty trained little girl. Just imagine all the money I have saved on diapers, wipes, it is very nice.

Her vocabulary has exploded as well, the things she says these days is just insane. Earlier tonight we went to Sonic and after I ordered something butterfinger she told Kris that she knew what a butterfinger was. You take your finger, dip it in butter and lick it. We certainly do not lick butter at our house so I have no clue where she thought that up but it was really cute and if you think about it, makes a lot of sense.

Hair, we have to mention her hair, so long and blonde and pretty. Too bad I have a child who has a lot of tangles and hates having her hair fixed. I would leave it down if it didn't somehow magically always end up in her face, it is kinda cute to watch her constantly push it away, but to keep her sanity and to make her just a little bit cuter I like to at least put a rubber band in it. I hope one day she starts to enjoy having her hair brushed and fixed, but somehow I doubt it, I remember hating having my hair fixed.



Trouble - If I tell Summer not to do something that she really wants to do she will tell me to go away, "go away mom". Of course I don't because this means she is about to do whatever it was I just told her not to do, but it is cute and I have to try not to smile. Stop Talking. When Kris and I are talking and she wants our attention she tells us to "stop talking". If Summer is really doing something I don't want her to do I tell her, in a very mean voice, that she is making me mad, very mad, and that usually gets her to stop doing, or start doing, something I want her to do. Luckily she hasn't had too many issues getting into trouble just yet, she did just learn how to scream at the top of her lungs but I am hoping she forgets. If you want to hear what it sounds like to scream at the top of your lungs, by all means, here is a video I took of her doing just that, enjoy!

First - We had a lot of first, we took a long trip to Pennsylvania and stayed a week with family. Summer went to see her first movie, The Princess and the Frog. Summer busted the bottom of her lip, we rushed to the ER only to find out it wasn't as bad as we thought.

Fun - What does Summer enjoy, babies and people, and drawing, and reading. She loves going up to her room and sometimes wants you to play with her, sometimes she is content to play on her own. I love to hear her pretend play with her people and her babies. Summer also loves all her little friends, so many of them, Ana, Chloe, Carissa, Christa, Sidney, Rory and her brothers, Noah, Alex, I know, we need some more boys around here, all girls!

The age 2 has really been fun for us, I always heard such bad horror stories but we have yet to see that side of Summer yet, well we see it occasionally but not enough to bother us much. We like the little independent personality and can't wait to see all the fun changes in 2010.

No comments: