Friday, December 25, 2009

So this is Christmas

Christmas Day, 1:24 PM. The house is still, no one is stirring, not even my pappy napping daughter. We don't have any mice that I am aware of, ants however are another story and I am sure there are a few sneaking around in here somewhere. Decorations are still up but the urge to put everything away is there, but I am trying to resist, at least until tomorrow. All the gifts were opened yesterday morning, why yesterday, because I am an adult and I can make the rules! Ok we thought papa had to work this morning and only found out he didn't on Wednesday so since we had already planned on opening gifts Thursday and because we were too excited to wait, we opened the gifts on Christmas eve.

Here is a summary of our day yesterday:

Summer is a lucky child, she opened 26 wrapped gifts. Summer loved her new underwear from mi mi. Daddy & Mommy were fascinated with the coloring book mi maw sent. I always look forward to the new ornaments mi maw makes and sends. I have no clue if I am spelling mi mi and mi maw correctly. Summer opened her gifts calmly and delicately, not like I would have. It took Summer 30 minutes to unwrap everything (and we have it all recorded in high def and have watched it once). Summer loves candy canes, even the peppermint kind. Summer really doesn't get the whole Santa Claus thing yet. Yesterday we spent playing with all of the new gifts.

In general this December:

We didn't get to watch Rudolph because we missed it but we did watch the Polar Express, Frosty, and the Grinch, Summer watched them all. We listened to a LOT of holiday music, Summer loves to sing jingle bells. We did not have a white Christmas nor did we expect it but Summer did get to see snow, papa took her up in the mountains. She loved the snow, we are planning a trip back soon.

Christmas Day:

I almost burnt the sweet potatoes, oops. We are having dinner over the Ross house at 4:00, the Springston's are coming too which reminds me I need to bring 3 gifts, wrapped, and I only have 2 so I need to find one more. Summer will wear her new Christmas dress that has a matching baby doll dress, of course I will take pictures!

Pictures - Yes I took a lot yesterday, but way too many to post on here so check them out on my flickr, first couple pages.

No comments: