Saturday, December 12, 2009

Let it snow!

South Las Vegas has this shopping center called Town Square that has snow, or has an area where it snows. Not real snow, that would be silly, just fake snow. We decided to check it out to get into the holiday spirit. When we were looking up the details about the place on the internet we saw that the same shopping area has an awesome park so we left earlier than we planned so Summer could check it out. The park was amazing, it had a lot of fun little shops and a huge maze. Summer LOVED the maze, she loves being chased and loves to run. The only decent picture I got of her in the maze was blurry because she wouldn't stop running, but you get the idea.


Besides the maze and cool little kid size buildings, the park also had a merry-go-round, a real one that would go really fast. Summer loved it too, and so did I at first, but it was tough holding onto with one hand while trying to focus and take a picture with the other!


Ah you do what you got to do when you are a mom who is addicted to photographing her little daughter.

Besides having a cool park with buildings built for little kids, a really awesome maze, and a fast merry-go-round, the place also has a really big Christmas tree and holiday music playing. Summer was equally impressed with both.


And, besides all of the cool stuff I mentioned above, it also has a little house and inside was Santa Claus waiting with suckers. Summer has no issues going up to Santa, giving him a hug, sitting on his lap, posing for pictures, and more pictures, again more pictures, because she knows in just a few minutes we will be done with pictures and she is going to get a yummy treat. I should just call him Candy Cane Man, because this guy does not give gifts in her mind, he gives candy canes, and any man that gives candy canes is all right in Summer's book.


Maybe I will keep it that way, toys and gifts come from me and candy canes come from Santa :o) Maybe I can get a special stocking full of a few different kinds of candy canes that Santa can leave when he comes to visit, that way she will know he was there - hey I like that idea, I will look like the hero and Santa will look like a Christmas candy giving red suited fat old man! (I mean fat in a good way).

After we did the park, the tree, Santa, we went and ate and afterward it was time for the snow. Summer enjoyed the snow I guess. She looked like she was in awe but she was a little tired, it was a busy afternoon playing and eating and all. It snowed on us for 10 minutes around that large Christmas tree, the one with the lights that kept changing colors. It was a neat experience and one I bet we take advantage of for years to come. I especially loved the cookies. Oh I didn't even mention the part where we got a bag of cookies from the Toll House store, silly me.

No comments: