Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 one more time ...

Because celebrating you are turning two once just isn't enough, or because we wanted to do it again with papa, or because we had an entire Elmo cake that never got touched ... anyway we had another small family party at home a few hours ago. Summer was ready, it only took mentioning Elmo cake and she was game. Earlier in the day I had bought her a bunch of balloons and just yesterday we decided she was ready for a toddler bed. Not exactly, we didn't just decide she was ready for a toddler bed, in reality we saw the toddler beds while randomly shopping, thought they were super cute and we were a little surprised at how not expensive they were so we decided we would try it. As of right now Summer is in her new toddler bed sleeping like a baby. After her bath I brought her upstairs, set her in her room just inside the gate and as I, daddy and papa proudly watched, she walked over to her new bed, climbed inside and proceeded to go to sleep. It was amazing how easy the transition was, she could not have had a bigger grin on her face nor could we have. I sat on the computer just outside her door thinking she would probably get up once, maybe twice, but she never did, she was asleep within 5 minutes I bet. Why did it have to be so easy??? Here she is earlier when we brought the bed upstairs and set it up in her room.


I actually cried when we put the bed in her room and she so easily went to it, why does she have to grow up?

Back to her second party, so tonight we had dinner and afterward did cake again! Summer was ready. I put in another candle and this time she knew what she was doing, she blew it out before I could even get a picture of it lit!


There she is with a look on her face that says, Mom, hurry up, I want to eat this thing! She enjoyed it and did surprisingly well with the fork.


She didn't make near the mess as she did with the cupcake, I guess she learned how to do it this time. We let her eat off of the Elmo for a few bites then we got her a small plate because if not she would have sat there and ate the entire thing.


So after cake Papa took her upstairs to play with some of her new toys, I gave her a bath and then she went to bed, on her own, like a big girl. She will wake up in her new bed as a TWO year old leaving one behind with the crib. I don't know what happened to that little 7 pound, 11 ounce baby that I had 2 years ago tomorrow, she was so small and tiny and slept most of the time. She surely did not talk nor did she like cake.

No comments: