Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Birthday Party

This is what it looks like to be 2, or almost 2 ...


The day was a FULL day preparing for this party. I had to make an Elmo cake, Sesame Street cupcakes, a fruit basket and I bet I spent at least 3-4 hours on baking the cakes and decorating them. I thought the cake would have been harder but it was actually easier to decorate than the cupcakes. I am very happy with how they all turned out. Summer played and watched tv while I baked cakes and I let her lick the batter.


I made 20 cupcakes and that was enough because we didn't even touch the Elmo cake so I am saving it to eat on her actual birthday on Monday, hopefully it will still be good ...

We started the party off with real food, we had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, fruit salad, mmm everything was yummy.

After we ate we did the birthday candles, Summer picked out an Elmo cupcake, we put a candle on it for her and she smiled so big while we sang Happy Birthday! You should have seen her trying to blow out the candle, she kept blowing and blowing but just wasn't getting enough air to the flame, however she finally got it.

You should have seen her trying to blow that candle out, blowing and blowing and blowing LOL

After the cake was cleaned off her face and hands we headed into another room to open the gifts

Summer loved opening her gifts, this was really the first time she has actually opened a wrapped gift, she kept asking for more after one was opened and if she got clothes she tossed them to the side and said "more gifts" it was cute.

After all the gifts were opened and looked at a few times the girls headed outside to play in the pool. I bet they swam for at least an hour, it was late by the time they finished and I think everyone was exhausted, I know I was.

We ended up getting home around 8:30 - whew it was a long afternoon but a wonderful day overall!

I want to thank everyone who came and celebrated at the party with us, Nick, Charlene, Terri, Becca, Evan, Sabrina, Craig, Joe, Yvonne, Jessica, Chloe, JC, Bette Mae, Casey & Ana and thank you for all the wonderful gifts, I am washing some of the outfits right now, when I get done I will put all the gifts together and take a picture! Summer is actually playing with her gifts this morning because she didn't have time to play with any of them last night. So far she loves everything!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want an oscar the grouch cup cake....b