Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thump Bump and a Boom

At some point last night between 2 and 3 AM I was asleep and awoke from the sound of a thump bump and a boom. Summer's room is right above our room so I can easily hear anything unusual. This thump, bump and a boom has happened a few times in the past week but I normally just make sure it goes away and go back to sleep but last night I quickly grabbed the monitor on my nightstand and looked in on Summer to see what may have caused the noise. As I looked in the monitor I saw Summer getting into her bed and laying down. She moves a lot when she sleeps and I am guessing she is moving around so much to the point she falls out of her bed onto the floor, which would be the thump bump and a boom sound I am hearing, and upon falling she wakes up and gets herself back into her bed. I can't see her just waking up in the middle of the night, getting out of bed to turn around and get back into bed so I think she is falling. Luckily her bed is not very high and if she falls out she is not going to get hurt, but she doesn't have a lot of room to wiggle out of her bed because the bar along the side is suppose to keep her in. Your guess is as good as mine as to how she manages to fall out, if that is in fact what is happening.


Oh well whatever the thump bump and a boom is at least Summer loves her new bed, she really loves having a bed she can get into, she goes right to bed each night and pushes me away while I try to sing her Twinkle Twinkle Little Star because she is ready to go to sleep. She loves the little sheets and having her own little pillow, she is such a great night time baby, she sleeps all night, except for the thump bump and a boom but she goes right back to sleep. Her bedtime is around 8:30 and she wakes up around 6:30. Normally she wakes up talking and singing and hanging out in her bed which is such a nice way for me to wake up because I can hear her through the monitor, such a soothing slow mellow waking. I have such an easy going baby and she is still the most awesome little thing I have even known!

No comments: