Saturday, July 4, 2009

Napping right now ...

Summer is right behind me napping and guess what? She used a pacifier to fall asleep! Yup - she found a pacifier and she looked so cute sucking on it that I could not resist letting her keep it. She was tired and needed a nap and it worked, it took a while because it was the icky kind she never liked before but she laid on the floor and is out. Before we weaned her off of the pacifier she was only using it for naps, now I wonder why we ever took it away from her because awww so cute, oh ya I remember, it was because she looks about a year older than she really is which is too old to be using a pacifier! I did sneak it away from her while she is sleeping so hopefully she doesn't remember, and I didn't go get the camera but I wanted too, maybe I am just sad because I realize how fast she is growing up, she is going to be 2 soon. I have to start potty training eventually too, I am so not looking forward to it, and I know she could be ready if we really worked at it but I am not ready, I don't mind changing diapers, even the stinky ones.

Last night Summer and I ventured into the front yard and played in the dirt along the house, the dirt that was wild flowers but they got out of control and we had to tear them out, they were monsters! Summer loves playing in dirt, she really loves getting messy!




She had two little cups and kept pouring the dirt from one to the other then she would set it in front of me and call it my coffee, saying "drink your coffee mommy" yum lucky me, at least they weren't mud pies and I have to admit sometimes I think my coffee tastes like dirt. We were having a great time until Summer decided to taste the dirt so we had to go in and clean up, plus it was really hot out front and even though we were in the shade we didn't need to be out there for long.



See that poor nose, still running too about a week now but at least that is all it is, just a runny nose and nothing else. Of course I think the runny nose is the worse thing a child could have, it is so annoying and she can't blow or wipe it properly so if we don't see oozing down her face she smears it all over or when she naps or sleeps it can get everywhere. It should be gone soon I hope and luckily we (adults) don't usually catch a runny noses, they must be old germs we had as children.

Around 6:00 pm last night Becca came over to spend the weekend and I thought it would be a good idea to take the girls to the dirt field by our house to get some pictures of the two of them wearing jeans and black shirts. I am in a photo battle that consists of cowboy hats and all American jeans, and if I win I don't get anything but I still enjoy trying to get good photos so I needed a jeans photo. It was so late when we went, almost 8, but the sky was amazing, however the wind was a surprise! Apparently a storm had blown in and the wind was insane, yet it actually made for some cool windy hair photos and we didn't stay long, maybe 10-15 minutes, long enough to snap a few pictures of the girls.





When I look at these photos it makes me wonder where I live because that kind of weather is definitely not typical for Las Vegas!

So right now Summer is taking a very late nap, she took a short nap very early this morning on the way to the mall and I know she is going to be up late since it is the Fourth and the fireworks don't start until 9:30, hence the reason I let her keep the pacifier, so she could get a good nap. It is almost 5:00 pm, almost time to start grilling burgers and get ready for the fireworks. While we were at the mall I got Summer 7 outfits but I only spent $50, ok that still sounds like a lot when I know she doesn't need them :o) but I did get her an Elmo outfit and she will wear that after she takes off the fancy dress at her birthday party (before the cake). I also got her a birthday gift, Kris said we had to get her something, so I found a cute drum set that had some other musical instruments in it, I cannot remember what those things are called, the chicka chicka sounding ones and a tambourine. I know she will enjoy this gift, I just hope we can take the noise!

I better go and get ready, I need to wake Summer up and cut up the onions, put the bacon on the frying pan, cut the avocados, get the fixings out, I love these burgers, oh and we got a watermelon to cut up too and even though the watermelon is my least favorite fruit (because of all those darn seeds) I am going to enjoy this one and make it part of our tradition. Someone on facebook mentioned strawberry shortcake and while that sounds so much better I guess watermelon is healthier and seasonal so I will just stick with it. I should have some more pictures in a few days, which reminds me I guess I need to get Summer fixed up again, she always messes her hair up during her naps and she is in cute side pigtails today with red bows on the sides. So much to do!

No comments: