Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ice Cream Cone

Luckily for Summer I had a fun photo contest that involved an ice cream cone. Summer has had ice cream and popsicles but never an ice cream cone and never all to herself. I didn't know what to buy but decided I would just get her a single cone from the store so I would not be tempted to eat one myself.

We went outside after dinner around 7:00 pm, the sun was still blazing and the temperate was still nice and warm, around 100 I would guess. I sat Summer in the swing, set up my camera, peeled open the ice cream cone and handed it off. Summer took no time at all at this new thing in her little hands and dove right in.



I asked her what it tasted like and to my surprise she said "Chocolate". I wonder if she really knows what chocolate taste like or if she was just guessing. Maybe she does, I don't know that she really ever has chocolate, in fact the more I think about it I have to wonder if I really did hear her say that, perhaps my photo taking was impairing my hearing ... anyway she liked it even if she knew what flavor it really was and things started getting way more exciting.



After a short while, short because it didn't take her anytime at all to devour this monstrous thing, she started dropping pieces and using her hands to dig into the sticky sweet mess.



Around this point I figured she had enough and was to my happiness she had achieved the ultimate messiness that I had hoped for. The ice cream was everywhere, her face, her arms, her dress, her legs and I sat there wondering what was the best plan of attack to clean her so she could come back inside. I decided the water hose offered the best opportunity to remove the sticky icky mess and since it was still well over 100 degrees out maybe she wouldn't mind if I sprayed her off.



She did not mind a bit, in fact I walked her over to the water hose, turned it on and put it right against her mouth and let it work the mess down. She gasped a little but seemed to enjoy it as I used my other hand to help wipe off the messiness. Then I used the house to douse the dress, arms, legs and shoes. She seemed satisfied, or maybe it was a chocolate ice cream overload? I enjoyed taking photos and she enjoyed making the photos so it was a win win situation for the both of us.

No comments: