Wednesday, July 8, 2009

mine-I-tis

Does your child have mine-I-tis? We have recently discovered that Summer developed mine-I-tis about a week to two weeks ago. We are not really sure how she caught it but we suspect her little friend Chloe. Chloe goes to daycare after all and tends to catch these things, and it seems to be highly contagious! Just yesterday Summer had her toothbrush and when I asked to have a turn at those teeth to my horror she promptly squealed "mine, no mine" ...

I have researched several articles and there seems to be no proven cure for it, apparently after a few years it will go away on its own. To make it easier the research said that constant teasing and calling out "mine-I-tis" in a really high pitched voice whenever the need arises will help. So far it has worked for us, at least we hear a happy squeal of joy upon teasing and the "mine" seems forgotten, at least for the moment.

No comments: