Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st

Somehow the year is half over and in less than 12 days Summer will no longer be 1. July is always going to be a busy month for me, I have the Fourth of July, our anniversary that I keep forgetting and Summer's birthday. Not to mention July is a great month to take a vacation, and we plan on doing just that too!

I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything I need to do, because I am not doing it! I don't think I need to do anything for this weekends celebration, Cliff happily purchased the fireworks, oh I almost forgot, I need to take pictures! I have to find the big flag and try to get some good pictures of Summer. I don't really have a good Fourth of July outfit but I do have a great bow (thanks Aubrey!) so maybe this afternoon I will play with Summer, the American flag and see what happens. I think we can go shopping on Friday to get stuff for our yummy burgers, the ones we love more than any other burger with the sauteed sweet onions and bacon, avocado, mmm, and even though I don't like watermelon it seems fitting to have some on the Fourth. I think Summer likes it and I guess it is ok if she eats the seeds, right? I sure hate the seeds bleh and I try to eat around every single one, which gets so annoying that I usually just give up.

The following Friday is the big party! I took the day off so I have time to prepare the cakes. I think I have everything I need for the party, well actually I know I don't have everything ready, I don't have the party dress I ordered but it should be in the mail, I don't have an outfit to change into, I am hoping to find something today, and I don't have the face accessories for the cupcakes, but I have time to get those still. You know I don't even have a gift for Summer nor do I have any ideas what to get her, if I should even get her anything, she has everything!

So you ask, what does Summer like or want? Good question! Her mommy likes cute bows and outfits but Summer doesn't care about those things yet, oh and she wears a size 3T, and what about some cute shoes, size 6 ish I think, nah Summer wouldn't want any of those haha but she does like playing with people and books. People? Yes any little people figure, from the People sets to figurines to small doll houses. She loves playing with the Mickey Mouse and Disney Princesses that I got her when we went to Disneyland, and of course books, she has a lot of books but the books are one of the first things she will go to when we are in her room.



I have a new bookshelf on order so I have more room for more books. I can't say I have read every book on that shelf but most of them a few times. Dr. Seuss are among her favorites and random books too. I give her board and paper books, she is normally good about not tearing the pages but if she does I know how to fix tears with tape. Usually it is only the large books that suffer tearing and we have all those put away until she gets a little bit bigger.

I have a 9 year anniversary coming up in less than a week and I have no plans :o( the usual cop out is to treat ourselves to dinner but since we are eating healthier small portions that doesn't sound like as much fun as it has in the past. Maybe we can catch a late movie, we had a blast when we saw Star Trek, surely there is something new out we would both want to see. Is seems like we have been busy since April, my birthday, Kris's birthday, mother's day, father's day, and now we are in July, but I think we get a nice break in August, nothing major to celebrate. Not that I am really complaining, really I am not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!