Friday, July 3, 2009

No excuses

No excuses for my lack of posts because I had all day but instead I chose to play a stupid game on face book ... but I am here finally with lots of pictures! We had a great photo session yesterday, we started the evening off with the great American flag. Well actually, first I put a cute Fourth of July dress on Summer, then I did her hair in the cutest new style, two little ponies in the back of her head on each side. This was a new style for us, and it mostly worked, of course the hair from the front of her head isn't quite long enough to stay back, little wispies get free and make a mess of things, but they stayed long enough to get some really good pictures!



Summer was in a fairly decent mood and the pictures were great, nice deep colors and I love the looks she gives now. Her new thing this week is saying "yes" at the end of her sentences. If you ask her a question or she makes a comment and she is answering or telling you yes she puts the yes on the end, like "I want some milk yes" or "I want to go bye bye yes" - I don't know where that came from but it is so cute. Maybe we always ask her that way, "Do you want some milk, yes?" lol I am not sure but Kris and I both noticed it and think it is so cute.
Here is what happens when I ask Summer to smile. Instead of asking her to smile now, because I really don't want to see that face, I ask her to say Monkey.


If you can't tell I took the photo above with my cheaper camera, see how red her hair looks, ya bad lighting and camera, her hair is not very red! I love the cute smile but nice scrunched up face will only go so far with photos, it was a really cute photo tho.
After the glad photos we did a denim dress and red hat photo shoot for the heck of it, or because I had bought a cute dress at pink hat at Ross and they screamed photos! Summer loved the hat and actually wanted to wear the new shoes I had also bought myself, which, after wearing them once to work she can have, those things hurt! Summer is getting good at putting my shoes on and actually walking forward without falling, seriously those things are long, size 9, how does she not trip :o) But here are a few photos from the others.





Well we have finally kicked off the summer, temperatures have reached over 100, we are about to celebrate the Fourth of July and I couldn't be happier. The only sad thing about it getting so hot is our visits to the park, or the lack of visits to the park. We will just have to make it up with swimming, sprinklers and Chuck E Cheese visits. Every single time a Chuck E Cheese commercial comes on I get to hear about how Summer wants to go. I would go more if Summer didn't get sick all the time, ok not all the time, just 3 out of 4 times /sigh but I can't prove it was from there really or can I!

I took more photos today, Becca, Summer's 14+ year birthday buddy is staying with us this weekend and I needed photos with jeans. I am going to check out the pictures and post again soon, I promise!

No comments: