Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

2009 was an interesting year but I am looking forward to 2010. I have this weird thing about numbers. I don't like odd numbers for some reason. I didn't like turning 33 so this year I will turn a nice even 34 and Kris will turn a nice 40, and the year turns even. Of course Summer will be an odd 3 but the number 3 is an exception so it should be a great year! To ring in the new year we went to Red Lobster and pigged out, then we headed over to the mall to watch our darling little girl play in the kid area. Summer is such a shy little thing and a bit scared of all the kids running around. It took her a good 15 minutes before she felt confident enough to wander out amongst them, luckily there was this one boy who was probably a good year younger, he happened to be running and we told Summer to go and catch him, she finally felt up to the challenge and once she was out amongst the kids she did great and had a lot of fun. After another 20 or so minutes she was tired and we got smoothies and left. It was a nice relaxing day.

Just this past week we enjoyed the weather, well the weather about 45 minutes north of our house up in the mountains near the ski resort. Cliff went and found a $15 sled and I piled on several layers of clothes on myself and Summer and we headed up to find the snow. It amazes me that the snow is so close, and free. There was a pay area but it was full and we found a nice free snowy area full of people playing and sledding. I ended up taking a million pictures and half came out so I have a lot to show for our 30 minute adventure in sledding. Why only 30 minutes? Because it was FREEZING, my hands and face were insanely cold. I think Summer was bundles up and mostly warm but her little cheeks were even pink.


Las Vegas really is a neat place to live, mountains, a lake, and everything else you could possibly imagine. Having a little girl has made for some adventures I would never have gone on, I am so glad I have someone little and cute to teach and experience new things in life.

2010 - I am excited, new things on the horizon. Next week I signed Summer up for some new classes, an arts and crafts class and a toddler ninja class, a beginner martial arts basic class. Summer loves to draw and play with play dough and she loves to kick, I hope she enjoys both classes because I will enjoy taking her. The best part about the classes is the location, the recreational center is so close to our house, such a bonus! The classes are six weeks long and if they work out I plan on signing her up for more, oh and the classes are very affordable!

Right now I am just waiting for Summer to wake from her nap. I need to get a few new year day pictures, you know the ones of her in the cute hat playing with the horns and steamers. Kinda like these from the past two years:


2009 - Second New Year


2008 - First New Year, she was almost 6 months old here.

Crazy how much she changes each year!

No comments: