Sunday, August 8, 2010

It Rained!

It doesn't rain very often in Las Vegas but when it does we take full advantage of the opportunity to enjoy it. I bought Summer a pair of rain boots several months ago. They were so cute and colorful, but they were a bit big. Today was a perfect chance to try them on again and guess what, they fit! At least they fit enough to splash around in the puddles, we had a lot of rain and it made for some big splashes. At first I got Summer a pair of pants, funny how she has outgrown most of her 3T pants already, the only pair I had in her drawer, well they just fit, nice and snug. Then I thought about a jacket, I had no clue where any were which was ok because it wasn't even cold out. In fact the temperate with the rain was about 80 degrees, really nice!

Summer took her umbrella and headed out onto the driveway. It quit raining right after we got outside, luckily it had rained enough that the running water down the street was enough to entertain and the umbrella was quickly forgotten.

Look mom - a puddle. Jump in it Summer!


I really didn't think she was going to do it but not only did she do it, she did it with dedication - after a few tame jumps.








She ended up soaking her pants, I guess the shoes don't work as well as I thought, no worries, we came in and changed back into shorts and then it started to rain again so we went back out and watched from the safety inside the driveway.

Next time I will pull her hair back, that might have been nice :o)

No comments: