Monday, August 2, 2010

Typical Lunch

Lunch is fun at my house but takes forever to put together. I try to have a lot of small healthy choices instead of a big sandwich that probably won't get eaten. Here is what we had today, carrots & hummus, turkey hotdogs, I had mustard for mine, black (and not pictured - green) olives, cheese, blackberries for Summer, not me, I can't stand the seeds, strawberries, blueberries, and a few roasted vegetable ritz crackers. We are also both drinking water with it. Summer is eating everything on her plate today, which is good because lately she hasn't been eating much, she, like most kids, goes through growth spurts.

After lunch our new routine is to read a few books then take a nap. (her, not me, I find something to do). Actually before the nap Summer plays for about an hour alone in her room. She always eventually falls asleep. It is a lot easier than I figured it would ever be, you know naps and all. Especially when we took the pacifier away a few months ago I was really worried that was the end of naps but she still naps and doesn't really complain.

No comments: