Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Soccer or Baseball

Several weeks ago I signed Summer up for Soccer. It has been pure torture for me waiting for her to start, I just knew she was going to like it. About two days ago I started telling her about it, her only concern was that I stayed with her. She really has issues about being left alone, like at Sunday school, the only other place I have ever tried to leave her alone. Every single time I mentioned soccer Summer would ask me if I was staying with her and each time I reassured her I would be there, most likely taking pictures. Yet she asked over and over, "mom are you going to be there with me?" to the point I finally told her if she asked me again I would leave. She said she wasn't going to ask again :o)

The first class was today and I was really excited. Summer was ok, she wanted to go and check it out and I reassured her again I would be there. At first she wanted to sit near me on the bleachers but I told her I would stay and watch her but if she didn't go do what the coach wanted I would leave. I know - horrible mother! She was really doing good, she listens so well, they warmed up, did some running, and then started to play red light green light. Summer only recently learned how to play red light green light and really loves it so it was a bit funny to watch when she started crying while playing because she wanted her mommy. I was in the same gym, she could see me, and it was clear to everyone else that even though she was crying she wanted to play. The coach let her come give me a hug and I told her I was proud of it, then they started to kick balls and she enjoyed herself the rest of the time.

The lighting in a gym just sucks. I took about 40 pictures, ok maybe a few more, and got about 6 decent non blurry ones. Here she is in line putting her hands behind her back.


There are about 8 kids in the class and half of the kids were girls, I was glad she wasn't the only girl. Here she is running down the line kicking her ball with her hands behind her back.


I don't remember what she was doing here, either running back and forth or kicking the ball, I just loved how I captured her run, if that isn't a girly run then I don't know what is!


There are 5 classes left so I have time to try to get a few more pictures, I need to think of some camera tricks to help me out. I asked Summer when we left if she wanted to go back next week and she said she did, I am glad, I love to watch her run and interact with other people. I told her over and over how proud I was of her and how well she did, she did an amazing job listening. The only thing I saw her not want to do was put her foot on the ball, she actually said no for some reason but ended up doing it when they started kicking.

My next goal is to get her to call it soccer and not baseball, for some reason she keeps saying baseball.

No comments: