Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sticks are for the snakes

We went hiking yesterday and on the way I picked up a few neat looking sticks with a purpose in mind. I love art and I love finding artistic things to do with Summer so I thought, hey, we didn't see a single snake on this hiking trip so lets create some with these sticks!


The sticks were small and dry, very dry, easily breakable so we had to be careful. Summer and I both picked out a stick to paint. I got all the supplies out - paints, paint brushes, water, napkins, markers, glue, and google eyes. Summer chose red and purple paint and I chose brown, how boring huh.


Very easy. Summer doesn't quite cover the entire area when she paints so I helped her out a bit, helped her spread her paint around. Then we let them dry and came back with markers to add some designs. After that dried we glued on some google eyes. The end result, two snakes in our flower bed. I like them, they have personality! Check out the mouth on Summer's - she did that all by herself, how cool is that!




Can you tell I am ready for school to start?

No comments: