Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another Pregnant Post

I am not a role model pregnant woman. I do not do pregnant well at all. I complain. A lot. Being pregnant is not really my thing, I am not good at it. I do like some parts of course but overall it is a very stressful time and I usually feel sick or not like myself.

Worry - this week I have worried about being too small and being able to feel this baby too much. Can you believe I would worry about that? It seems like this baby is moving 10 times more than Summer ever moved, not to mention I felt this baby 3 weeks sooner. This baby moves so much I wonder if I am squishing it. If I don't feel the baby I can press my stomach in and I guess it wakes the baby up because it will start moving. No one has felt the baby move on the outside but not because it isn't possible, because no one has patience around here! Well plus I don't think Summer gets it either.

Weight - I have only gained 8 pounds. Or, I have already gained 8 pounds. I would love to tell you that it is all in my stomach but I will be honest with myself - it is also on my sides and probably on my hips. If I had gained all 8 pounds in my stomach then maybe I wouldn't worry about the above mentioned. I see the doctor next week so hopefully he can smack some sense into me.

Working Out - Unfortunately I have not been working out. I still don't feel that great, it makes me worry, I am a baby and I have been super busy. Good excuses yes?

Nutrition - Every single time I eat something sweet, like candy, or ice cream, or cookies, the things I should not be eating anyway, this baby wakes up and kicks me a few times. This happens quite a few times during the day (see my worry post above) and makes me wonder what I am really doing to this little thing. I did buy some vegetables today and I have been munching on carrots but I just can't give up the sweets!

Leg Cramps - For over a week I woke around 4 or 5 AM to horrible leg, foot, and toe cramps. Everything I read said it was common and nothing would prevent it - not even bananas. They really don't know what causes these annoying "charlie horses" but I did find that drinking 80 FL OZ of water ceased the cramps at least this morning. I hope it continues to work, I am trying to drink a bunch of water.

That is all I can think of right now, more complaints another day ...

1 comment:

Urban Earthworm said...

Foot cramps are the WORST.

I think the only thing one should really worry about is if they don't feel like they have anything to worry about.

You can always bake veggies into your sweets. http://cheapwineandcookies.blogspot.com/2009/03/special-brownies.html