Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adventures in Bonnie Springs

Today at the very last minute possible we decided to take a trip to Bonnie Springs. Bonnie Springs is 5 miles past Red Rock and has a petting zoo, horse rides, an old western town, and a restaurant. Kris decided we should take his car and ride with the top down. It was very windy but an enjoyable ride with sun screen, sunglasses and hair bandanas.

There really wasn't much to pet but it did have a few cool things. In fact this one was running around loose and actually came up to me and ate some of my shirt, luckily it didn't rip it since I only have 4 maternity shirts. Can you guess what it is? I was actually surprised to see it myself.

After we finished with the animal part we went to the western town where I somehow managed to take zero pictures. It was really neat looking but I guess I just felt fat, bloated, a little sick, and the best I could do was walk without tripping so taking pictures was not on my mind. We did see two little western skits that Summer did not quite understand, but it was still enjoyable and the weather was nice.

We were hungry so we headed to the little restaurant and had an enjoyable and decently priced lunch. I had a pretty good burger if I do say so myself - my thing lately is hamburgers (bun, meat, cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickle - everything but the onion). After we left the restaurant we saw turtles and peacocks. I don't know what my deal is with photographing turtles either ...


As we were headed back to the car one of the ranch employees had a nice large snake that she had just caught! It was a rat snake and I knew that it was not poisonous and ate small mammals like rats and birds. I almost asked to hold it, and was thinking about putting it across Summer's shoulders to get a good picture but then I realized that probably wasn't a good idea because even though this cool looking reptile was not poisonous and didn't have fangs, it did have teeth and a mouth and would still bite. I took a picture of the lady holding it instead. Doesn't she just look super cool, at least what you can see of her anyway.

And that, my friends, is the extent of my photo journalism today. Eventually I will feel better, or, worse case in 25 more weeks I will deliver a baby and feel better, until then ...

No comments: