Saturday, January 23, 2010

Great Family Day

I love living in Las Vegas, where else can I enjoy warm weather in January yet travel 30 minutes away to play in the snow? We can head north to Mount Charleston or head west to Red Rock, both are spectacular areas that we visit often. Today we put on extra clothes and headed west to check out Red Rock. We had no idea what to expect but we thought it would be fun to get out and take some pictures, so when we got closer and I saw all the snow I was really surprised.


We had originally planned to hike but the snow and cold made that impossible so instead we decided to play, which made Summer a very happy little girl. First we threw Summer down into the snow and told her to move her arms, I mean we taught her how to make a snow angel :o)


I really can't believe how well her angel turned out, it didn't look like she was doing very well moving her arms but I guess it doesn't take much movement.

We walked further down into a creek bed area and let Summer play with all the fresh snow, well play - eat, same thing right? She loved eating the snow, or loves eating the snow, if only we had brought some paper cups and syrup. I bet we could have set up a stand and sold snow cones, for real, there were so many cars on that 13 mile road, it was so busy!


After Summer ate some snow and played, she ate some more snow.


I am not kidding, my child was all about the snow! Even as we posed for photos together, all she wanted to do was eat the snow.


But it was getting cold, we were probably out there for about 30 minutes, Summer said her legs were hurting so the snow had penetrated both pairs of her pants and climbed over her boots, it was time to go, and get some food, we were starving! We decided that Olive Garden would provide us the nutritious warm meal we were all craving and we starving like we hadn't eaten in years. It was a very delicious lunch which made the day that much better. To top it off Summer and I went home and took a two hour nap. It just doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: