Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sushi Rolls

I love Sushi Rolls!

Sushi (寿司, 鮨, or 鮓?) is vinegar rice, topped with other ingredients, such as fish.


Sushi is not just raw fish, and the next person that tells me they don't like sushi because they don't eat raw fish well, I am going to just ... I don't know yet but I will think of something.


Summer is eating the sushi because the California Rolls have avocado in it, as well as cucumber and crab meat. Summer loves avocado.


Sushi is best when dipped in soy sauce. I usually use the less sodium soy sauce, I can't tell a difference.


Summer does not like wasabi. Wasabi is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes cabbages, horseradish and mustard. Wasabi is also hot, but Summer did not believe me. She does now. When she took a big lick of the wasabi she started crying, and I started laughing but I got her some milk to wash it down.


I really love Sushi. I am planning on taking my mom to an all you can eat Sushi bar when she gets in town next week. I am really excited, and I am pretty sure she will like it as much as I do.

If anyone wants to do lunch - a sushi lunch - let me know, I will make myself available!

1 comment:

April said...

Haha I couldn't help but laugh at her eating wasabi. I personally do not like sushi but that's just because I'm insanely picky. HOWEVER, if you do want to do lunch sometime, I've been craving quesedillas from Chilis lately.