Thursday, January 7, 2010

warming up

It is a good thing the weather is warming up, being stuck inside doesn't provide for good photo opportunities. In fact I don't have any new photos for this post, sorry, I did take some new indoor photos but I haven't downloaded them yet, probably tomorrow.

We have had a very fun and busy week this week, on Tuesday I took Summer to an arts & crafts class. I don't think she enjoyed it, I mean she didn't hate it but it wasn't her thing. We have 5 more classes and we will go but I won't sign up for the next one. The class had 15 other kids but the kids were so spread out and pretty much sat with their parents. The craft we created was a snow man with gems glued onto the scarf. The snowman had to be cut out and for kicks I tried the scissors in Summer's little hand but the little hand could not get the scissors to cut so she is not quite ready for that yet. Summer had no problem with the gems, I put dabs of glue on the snowman's scarf and she stuck the little pieces on. We finished about 15 minutes before the class was over and Summer was ready to go, so since the weather was warmer than it had been we headed over to the park which is right next door to the community center. Summer was SO excited to be at the park. She didn't want to wear her jacket but it was still a little chilly. Summer didn't seem to notice, she was so happy she kept running over to me giving me hugs and telling me how much she loved me. There were a few kids at the park and Summer kept going up to kids asking them what their names were, it was cute. We played for about 30 minutes and then went home and had lunch.

Today we went to the book store and met up with Rachel and Carissa, hung out for an hour, then headed over another friends house for a play date. April was nice enough to host our playdate and her son Noah was a precious little host as well. He took the girls upstairs to his room and loft area, it was really cute. This was one of the few times I have let Summer out of my site to go play with other kids. She did fine, well kinda, she really didn't play with them as much as I would have liked, she kept coming downstairs to hang around me and the almost 1 year old baby that was also over the house. My little child loves playing with little babies.

Tomorrow we head back to the community center for a toddler ninja class and I am so excited. I am trying not to get my hopes up, I don't really know what to expect but hopefully some kicking. I think Summer is going to really enjoy the karate. The only downside to the class tomorrow is the time, Summer is going to have to take an early nap or get her nap cut short because the class starts at 3:00, hopefully she doesn't have a problem with the times.

Maybe I should take the camera, I should huh ... ya I should. I do have some photos and will try to upload in the next day or two, stay posted.

No comments: