Friday, January 15, 2010

My little cheerleader!

Today was the big day, the day I had been waiting for all week, Summer was going to check out a new class, a cheerleading one! The class was at 4:00 but Karate was at 3:00 so we were going to have a busy afternoon. I know what you are thinking, cheerleading? The dance studio where summer goes is starting an All Stars Cheer team, a team that will complete nationally, a team that will have uniforms, a team that goes to a mandatory Summer camp, all things I never did but should and now my daughter could go for me, or wait, that doesn't sound right does it. Well I probably shouldn't have gotten quite so excited and I probably shouldn't have made Summer take 2 classes like that back to back. Karate and immediately over to cheer class was either too much for my girl or cheer just isn't her thing. I am not sure which just yet.

Karate class was just ok too, how did that happen, last week I was ready to quit arts & crafts and buy Summer a karate uniform and this week things have turned somehow. We loved the arts & crafts class but karate was lacking. Summer didn't pay attention as well and the class has too many students and only one instructor. She mentioned having an assistant but I sure didn't see her. In 45 minutes Summer got to punch, kick, do a exercise activity, but if they had an assistant it would have been so much better. Plus the teacher said we could drop the kids off and leave this week, yeah RIGHT, one lady taking care of 15 toddlers, half of which have no clue what they are doing, and poor Summer doesn't understand what it means to stand in line, so I had to help her. So I was already a little anxious about cheer, karate wasn't going how I wanted, what do you expect.

The cheer class was neat and at first, for the first half hour, Summer listened to what they told her to do, she stretched, held out her arms, she did some of the cheers, but over the next half hour I could see her focus shifting. The last 30 minutes was spent outside the class sitting in a chair with me. She didn't even want to go back into the class. I asked Summer if she wanted to go back and she said maybe later so I am going to give it one more shot, I will take her again Friday but we will skip karate to see if it makes a difference.

Sheesh, who knew having a 2 1/2 year old could be this difficult, trying to find out exactly what she likes, and what I like, and giving her all the opportunities, well it sure isn't easy.

Oh and to make matters even worse, do you see a picture on here? No, that is because I haven't taken any in like ... 3 or 4 days! I have no plans tomorrow, well I have plans to try to take a few pictures. I might try to go somewhere pretty, somewhere fun, but it depends on the weather - 60 may look good on the tv but it sure feels cold to me, so we will see, hopefully I can take something before I go crazy.

No comments: