Sunday, January 24, 2010

Random Ramblings

Today was a good day. It started out iffy. We woke up early again, instead of 7:00 my alarm child called to me at 6:30. I brought her into bed with me, we cuddled and tried and failed to sleep for an additional 30 minutes. Breakfast was the normal yogurt and strawberries for Summer, cold boring cereal for myself. Then we got dressed for church and since Summer cried last week during sunday school and didn't make it but 15 minutes, I was worried how this week would turn out. Summer seemed interested in going until we got in the car, where she proceeded to tell us she wanted to stay with us and not go with her friends. I told her I would stay with her and luckily her sunday school teacher was nice enough to help me sneak out. She has about 10-15 other 2 year olds in her class and I want her to start socializing and learning how to act around other kids. I told the teacher to bribe her with food if she got upset and when I checked on her through the window 20 minutes later she had her hand in a cup of food and was not bawling uncontrollably so it worked. She made it without crying for the rest of the class so it was a good morning after all.
The rest of the day we did mostly nothing. Summer played, I didn't do much. Summer napped, I tried and failed. Summer took a bath, I bathed her. Nothing too interesting and no cool pictures either BUT grandma is coming to town, actually she should be here in the next 20 minutes but her plane is delayed 3 hours so I will be up after midnight picking her up. I told Kris he could get up with Summer in the morning so I could sleep in but like that will happen. Oh well, who needs extra sleep anyway, I will make it up after grandma leaves.

1 comment:

Urban Earthworm said...

Got your link off your response to my journal on CafeMom. Love your blog so far! Looking forward to following along with you!

And ugh! Don't you hate it when the alarm clock child "goes off" early? haha