Saturday, January 9, 2010

Karate

Summer LOVED karate class and mommy LOVED karate class too! It was great, everything I had hoped for and that is saying a lot. There were easily 15 kids in the class all ages 2 and 3. The instructor was a very nice black belt lady and she was good with the kids. When we went into the room the kids had to take their shoes off and go stand on a square, to which Summer did. Summer stayed on that square and did everything the instructor told her to do. I got a lot of video and it is so cute because Summer would look back at me and smile :o) I knew she was having a blast. Some of the things they did besides punching and kicking was running in place, hiding their eyes, jumping, ducking, and they also paired up with another student to do some teamwork exercises. The next class is suppose to be kids only, parents will get to wait outside. I know Summer will do just fine without me, can you believe my little girl is growing up? I didn't take any pictures at Karate, just video, which you can see here or here but here are a few pictures of Summer napping one afternoon on our bed, she looks so comfy doesn't she?


Not much cuter than a sleeping baby, so sweet and innocent. I am glad my daughter is a great sleeper, for naps and bed time. It sure makes things easier and I am much nicer person when I get good amount of sleep, which is all the time, which means - I am a really nice damn person!

Anyway ... we actually spent a few hours playing outside today, the weather was nice and in the 60s. Kris grilled out the last two days, delicious BBQ chicken, steaks, veggies, yum. And today Summer decided she likes asparagus. She has had it before but never really took much interest in it but today something changed and she ate at least 10 or 11 pieces. I am glad she liked it, I love that she loves vegetables. Only squash and zucchini are two she doesn't like so far.

1 comment:

.Erin Cassidy said...

She looks so peaceful!