Sunday, July 25, 2010

Almost Over

I can't believe how long we have been gone, this vacation has really been busy and a lot of fun. Two days left, or one and a half, and we will be back to reality, well a new reality, time to rethink how we live since Kris went to work, re-adjust schedules and make things perfect, wish us luck!

Anyway we are still enjoying life in Idaho Falls. Last night Summer and I snuck out to the falls again to get some pictures. I saw a train track on a bridge that crossed the lake that I thought would be neat. Little did I realize how terrifying train tracks on bridges could be. We first started to cross and I was ok, then I saw the huge gaps between the tracks that were open, cracks that were wide enough that Summer might be able to slip down into if she were to fall into one. Down below the bridge was a fast deep running river. I was holding onto her hand extremely tight as we slowly hurried across the bridge. Then I started thinking how the bridge was no longer used, at least I didn't think so, and my mind started thinking that the boards were going to collapse when we walked across, because, you know, I am really heavy and all, which was scaring me even more. Summer could sense my panic because she, out of the blue, said she was scared, so I tried to calm myself down. After we made it across I saw some other people crossing so I am guessing it wasn't as dangerous as I thought but I don't want to do it again. BUT - I did take pictures!


Before we headed to the bridge I found this neat area under another bridge that had a lot of shallow running water that Summer played in. She didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have thought, maybe the water was cold.


As you can see in the top picture Summer has a drippy nose. She has had one since we arrived. It isn't as bad as it was, one day was just constant dripping. I wonder if we have allergies, my throat has been scratchy and I have been losing my voice, plus my noise has an occasional drip too.

Last, because we haven't seen enough Summer, here are two pictures taken at the same area of her that she wanted me to take. She ran to the bridge and said "take a picture" and then ran into the tunnel and said "take a picture" and who am I to say no!

2 comments:

Derico Photography said...

Oh, I know that bridge, lol, and I would have never made it across! And yeah, that water is cold almost all the time.

Urban Earthworm said...

Those pictures are so unbelievably cute. You are a wonderful photographer.