Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 2 of our vacation

Thursday, June 24th, 7:30 AM (I think, I don't remember what time it was)

Woke up rested, got dressed, packed everything up, headed off to eat breakfast someplace near our hotel. Through the hotel we got $20 off breakfast if we ate at a certain place so we did and the food was good. After eating we decided to drive from Laguna Beach to Santa Monica beach traveling along the beach highway. It took a good 2+ hours but the weather was nice and we got to see a lot of neat things along the way, like oceans and boats and stuff.

We arrived around noon, the Santa Monica beach was packed and we thought about playing in the waves again but our initial goal was the pier and rides.


We had to park and walk - more walking - but it wasn't that hot out. We ended up buying Summer a pass to ride all the rides and even though she was pretty tired she had a lot of fun.


As she enjoyed the cool shady rides we were dying in the hot sun watching, but she had fun and we had fun watching her have fun. Luckily she is so tall so she was able to get on most of the rides herself. She went on the ferris wheel with Papa and her and I went on the green dragon of death. If you look close enough you can see the sheer terror on her face and even though it appears as if I am smiling really I am scared to death, that thing had us lifting out of our seats each time it would go up and I knew Summer was scared. I had my eyes closed and I told Summer to close her eyes and I tried to pretend I was having fun so I didn't scare her more. I can only imagine what she would have thought had I been screaming on the outside like I was on the inside.


Summer also got to jump and even though she kept making snooty faces she seemed to enjoy it.


I don't really know why she was making those faces, I think she was just a little overwhelmed and a bit tired from all the traveling.

Further around the pier we saw one of Summer's favorite friends and she had to get a picture with him.


Again she is making the face ... and even in the picture with daddy she is making the face.


Summer could barely stay awake for the walk back to the car, poor thing, we wore her out I guess.


Next stop was suppose to be Las Vegas but instead we found ourselves stuck in California highway traffic. We left around 4:00 and what should have been a 5 hour drive ended up taking closer to 7 hours but to help break up the boring car ride we stopped somewhere outside of Las Vegas in a dessert and took a few pictures. Ok fine, it was my idea, I thought the dessert and moon looked really cool and we needed to stretch our legs.


Back in the car, 2 or so more hours and we were home by 9:00 PM. For a two day vacation and several hours spent driving we had a great time. We swam, we rode some rides, we ate, we slept, it was a nice vacation, one we plan to repeat sometime before the summer ends. I think we will try a beach further north around Santa Monica instead of down south, from our drive along the beach we really liked the beaches up north and they had just as much to offer. So, until then ....

No comments: