Sunday, July 18, 2010

Idaho Falls

Right now we are in Idaho Falls hanging out at my moms house, or as Summer likes to call her, Grandma. Grandma is politically correct but whenever she says it I look around for my Grandma and my mom looks around for her mom. We might get use to it eventually. We have Papa Gary too but his name sounds much more natural and not as confusing.

We arrived yesterday afternoon after a 12ish hour drive. We stayed the night with Rachel on Friday with the plan to leave Saturday at 4:00 AM. Everything went as planned except actually sleeping Friday night, for some reason Summer could not sleep, she tossed and turned and woke and wined then tossed and turned some more. We might have fell asleep by 11:00 PM. Summer woke up around 1:15 AM tossing again, and was up again at 3:37 AM because she had to go pee. We planned to get up at 3:40 AM anyway so needless to say we were both pretty exhausted. The first 8-9 hours of the trip went really quick, we made two stops and arrived in Twin Falls around 1:30 PM. We met my mom and Gary at Taco Bell, we moved all the luggage over, Rachel left to her parents house, we ate then drove the rest of the way to Idaho Falls. That part of the trip seemed harder but Summer and I both napped so it helped.

Luckily we slept great last night! My mom knows some people with little kids and they came over and played with Summer. They were 8, 6, and 4. They played very well together, Simon Says, Red Light Green Light, and a bunch of other pretend games. I love to watch Summer pretend :o) While we were hanging outside I got a cute picture of Papa Gary and Lucy.


Don't forget about Reese. He may be short in height but not in personality.


My mom also has a black cat who unfortunately is afraid of us, hopefully he warms up soon because Summer is ecstatic about getting to pet a cat.

So far today we went and got Uncle Buster and walked around the falls. Imagine that, waterfalls in Idaho Falls! I got a few pictures, they were decent considering the harsh sunlight of mid day.



I made Bus hide in this pine looking tree/bush thing, I thought it would make a cool picture, unfortunately I didn't have the settings exact and once Bus got into the bush/tree thing he started to think about spiders and flew out before I could take some more pictures :o)


Because he was probably thinking about spiders before he flew out of the bush he was making a really funny face. Oh well I will take a few more pictures later, try something else heh.

Here are a couple pictures of the falls.


Tomorrow we are heading into the mountains so I hope I get a chance to take some pictures of trees and forest things. I don't think I will have internet for a few days, won't that be nice!

2 comments:

Renee and Agua Family said...

I have been there before, I think it is a cute little town. One of my old best friends lives there!

Derico Photography said...

Hey Jessica, I came venturing over from cafe mom. It's picturemomma :) Idaho is BEAUTIFUL! I went to school up in Rexburg years and years ago, and my favorite place to do my studying was to grab my books, jump in the car, and go drive out into the middle of all the rolling potato fields when they were this bright brilliant green with the grand Tetons framing everything in. It's simple. But man it sure is beautiful!