Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Montana

Gary has a cabin in Montana next to a lake so we decided to spend a few days of our vacation at the cabin. The cabin is two hours from Idaho Falls and we got here yesterday afternoon. I wasn't expecting to have internet but surprise I sure do. We arrived around lunch time, ate, and looked around. It is really a cabin surrounded by lake and forest. Spiders, bugs, bats, all things we have seen since we have been here. Gary actually has two cabins and the other one we aren't staying in had a bat flying around inside it when we went to check it out. I tried to get a picture but it flew out by the time I ran back with my camera. It did stop once and land on a cabinet and was so super cute, I am bummed about missing photographing it :o/


There are enough other things to photograph, like wildflowers! If it wasn't for the mosquitoes ... I would have a thousand wildflower photos but the bugs are insane, Off only irritates them apparently.


As you can imagine the lake is freezing, well at least I think it is probably cold, Summer decided she wanted to go swimming and since grandma is such a good sport she went with her. They didn't stay long or go very deep but it didn't matter because Summer had a blast, and so did Lucy.


We are having a blast, even with all the bugs and spiders, after all check out this amazing photo I took last night!


A beautiful flower with a deadly spider. Ok probably not deadly, probably quite harmless, I never actually looked at the spider, by the time I got a few good pictures the flying bugs had me take cover back inside.

We will be here a few more days and I am slowly trying to brave the bugs to get as many photos as I can. The best light is the evening and the bugs seem to enjoy that time too so we are having a bit of a time trying to agree who should be near me when I take photos, I would prefer no bugs but I am losing the battle. I am not giving up!

No comments: