Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation

June 23rd, Wednesday, 5:30 AM - Alarm goes off "bzzzzzzzzzzzz"

The plan was to be on the road by 6:00 and at the beach by noon and things went as planned, even with the accident in Las Vegas on the I-15 that delayed us. We made it to Laguna Beach around 11:00am, stopped at KFC and had some chicken then checked in early at our hotel, a hotel that was actually pretty nice for $145 a night, two full size beds (because Papa came with us this time) and a heated pool, the hotel was right across from the beach.

The beach right across from the hotel was ok, the Laguna area must have had a seaweed attack because the seaweed supply was abundant. We did some exploring around the rocks and Summer and daddy played in the waves for a bit.

We saw a few cool things along the rocks near the beach, like this sea anemone and crab.


Summer and daddy hung out around the shoreline. Summer was having a great time, even if the scary seaweed kept wrapping itself around her legs.


The water was freezing, well at least to me, Summer and daddy didn't really seem to mind, can you tell by that happy face?


It was overcast and a bit cold so we really didn't stay at that beach area across from our hotel very long, instead we headed back to the hotel and asked if they knew of another, better beach. By better we hoped it was closer to the car and had less seaweed. The beach across from the hotel was down several thousand stairs and we were exhausted. They told us the Laguna Beach was right across the parking lot, no walking down stairs and it was suppose to be clean so we headed there, a few miles down.

While there the sun came out! Summer was exhausted but we tried to keep her up and awake because we didn't want to call it a day just yet. She played in the sand for a while to keep herself occupied, then she headed back out into the waves with daddy and papa while mommy happily snapped pictures in the warm sun. It was cool, she kept her little jacket on the rest of the time, but of course she never once complained she was cold.


Around maybe 3:30 or 4:00 we had enough and headed back to the hotel to wash the sand off. Sand was everywhere! Summer fell asleep in the car before we even left the beach parking lot. We carried her into the hotel room and she took an hour nap on the bed before we headed out for dinner.

We didn't know what we wanted to eat but we knew we wanted seafood, so after a review online and through some hotel magazines we saw a place called the House of Big Fish and Ice Cold Beer and figured it sounded good enough. Not only was it good, it was excellent. We all ordered some different fish item off the menu, and we were not disappointed.

Summer and daddy right outside the restaurant waiting for a table.

Summer and daddy kissing inside the restaurant after we had eaten, and waiting for the waitress to bring Summer her ice cream sundae!


Since we were fat and happy and the sun was going to set soon we headed to the beach near our hotel where I could attempt a few sunset pictures. We also took a cute family photo too, to prove I was really on the vacation.


Yes we had on jackets, it was freezing, California is not warm like Las Vegas, it is cold there and windy near the ocean! Anyway I got a few cute sunset photos, my favorite maybe the one where the surfer just happened to walk into my frame, timing :o) Or it could be the silhouette of daddy and Summer sitting on the beach watching the sunset.


I realize I am overwhelming you on the photos but I took over 200 just on the sunsets and another 800 on the rest of the trip, give me a break! While I was feeding my addiction daddy taught Summer how to have fun by stepping on the hard seaweed pods causing them to pop. They weren't so scary after that.


Still annoying but not as scary. We went back to the hotel and Summer, daddy and papa hit the heated pool. I was hanging out trying not to freeze to death while they swam in what they said was warm(ish) water. It did help get rid of some of the sand. A couple showers later and it was time for bed. Papa and Summer shared a bed once we scooted their bed up against the wall so Summer didn't fall off and Kris and I happily shared another. We had fun all falling asleep, for some reason Kris and I thought our sleeping situation was pretty funny when Papa told Summer to stop squirming around and we ended up with the laughs, you know when you laugh and can't stop. It seemed to go on forever, at least 10 minutes before we could control ourselves and stop laughing. Soon after we all fell asleep.

Shew that was a long first day, now I have to go back up and reread what I wrote to make sure I didn't have any stupid grammar or spelling errors, or maybe you can just let me know if I do. I didn't even mention anything about our 5 hour drive, but I guess not much really happened, Summer surely didn't bother napping, she watched a few movies, we stopped at McDonalds at that one town halfway to stretch our legs, eh no reason to include any of that, I can't remember the name of "that town" anyway.

The next day .. wait I think this post is long enough, I will save day 2 for another day, ok fine I will write it out tomorrow, hold your horses! Until then ...

1 comment:

Renee and Agua Family said...

love the update and the photos!! Awesome shot of the surfer BTW!!