Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dress Up

Summer is a fairy princess.


The other night I asked my child if she wanted to put on a tutu, skirt, wings and wave a fairy wand and be just like Tinkerbell. To my utter surprise she said YES she wanted to dress up! This is a new development in our relationship and I am thrilled. Most of the time I have to practically beg her to dress up for me, I have to hold her down and remove her clothes and struggle to get new clothes on. Of course just because she let me dress her up like Tinkerbell doesn't mean that she was willing to have her hair restyled, or at least I doubt she would have let me, but I didn't ask - shame on me, I was too excited to take pictures and fast before she changed her mind about the outfit. I should have asked because the green hair bow did not really match the purple and pink outfit, but again, I wasn't thinking clearly.


First we showed daddy the outfit then we went out into the front yard where the lighting is so much better. I told Summer that fairy's walk along the bricks ...


I don't know why I said it either, but it did make for a cute photo and she is learning how to balance right?

We have a fair to go to this weekend, a fairy fair, I am so excited because I have an outfit Summer can wear. One small problem with the outfit, really I hate to be a complainer but ... when she has to go pee I am going to have to take the entire outfit off. Oh actually another small problem with the wings, I need to figure out how to get them to stay tight and spread apart. There has to be a way to tie them together somehow so they look a little better. At least they stay on as they are and at least she left them on!


Papa also came outside to have a peek at the cutie and twirl the fairy around a few times.


If this keeps up I may have to find a lot of cute little costumes. I tried on the Halloween cheerleader outfit and it fits, I am thinking about asking a friend to make a matching tutu in the blue shade the Dallas Cowboys use, that might make the outfit a little cuter. I am also in search of some white cowboy boots, I bid and lost 3 pairs on eBay (not all were white) so I am still looking.

YAY she wanted to dress up!

No comments: