Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We have been so busy this weekend, Friday night we headed over Casey and Ana's house and spent a few hours hanging out while the girls played. We finished the night at Baskin Robbins mmmm it was so yummy. It was a full moon on Friday so I took the opportunity to take some cool moon photos - we had rain earlier so we had a few clouds and it made the moon look very scary and cool!


we started out Saturday morning with an early morning breakfast all the way across town with our friends Jessica, Chloe, JC and Bette Mae. After breakfast we headed across the street to the park and spent a good hour letting the kiddos play. This was the first time I took Summer out of the house without a diaper and I was a little scared but - we had 0 accidents. We went potty before we left the house, when we were done with breakfast and tried again before we left the park but she didn't have to go and made it all the way home dry. Summer napped for 2 hours and still stayed dry. I am amazed at how well she learned all this, who knew it would be so easy, but really, why am I surprised? After the nap we headed over the Springston house to go swimming! Summer has been ready to swim since the beach. Her and daddy jumped into the pool as soon as we arrived and spent over an hour splashing and playing, it was a great day, then we got out and ate hot dogs and hamburgers. I thought Summer was going to nap again after such an exciting day but she managed to stay up until bedtime. I didn't take any pictures while we were doing fun things, but I did snap a few in the yard.


On Sunday we headed out early and checked out the local swap meet and ended up buying a bag of roasted peanuts, a snow cone, chirrones (or something like that) and Summer gave $1 to the dancing street monkey and got a hand clap and a card. We went grocery shopping afterward so we can eat the rest of the week.

Right now I need to get off the computer, go make dinner or take pictures! I should take a few pictures, I am slacking ... and I do need to make dinner too, trying a Paula Dean Food Network recipe tonight, sweet sausage and I am adding some peppers for color, crispness and flavor. I guess we will eat it over rice, haven't thought that far yet, but I am sure it will be yummy, can't go wrong with three simple ingredients (I hope).

No comments: