Friday, September 18, 2009

Summer Loves ...

Summer is a such a great little child who likes it when I want to go some new place late in the afternoon instead of cooking dinner on time. Yesterday around 4:38 we headed to the Springs Preserve to see what they were all about. They closed at six so we didn't have much time. I knew they had a park and Summer could check it out and they had a garden so I could take pictures. It was hot when we got there they had plenty of shade to keep us cool. We headed to the park first because I knew Summer would want to get out of the stroller and exert some of her energy. It is a really neat park, different from most of the parks that we normally visit, the only thing missing from this park was other kids, Summer was alone in a world full of new adventures.

Having the place to yourself is fine sometimes and Summer found plenty to keep herself occupied, she climbed on dinosaur bones.



She played on the train that had neat tunnels and made cool noises.



And even without any friends to play with she was still happy to be there.


Of course I prefer watching her play with new little friends, maybe when it cools off a little more friends of all ages and sizes will start making appearances at places we visit. Until then she has me and her daddy and papa to keep her entertained I guess. I just really enjoy watching her socialize with others.

While we were there I took several photos of plants, and chipmunks, and my reflections in a mirror. At one point I was down shooting a few pictures of some daisies when Summer said I could take a picture of her. Yep it was her idea! I was thrilled and asked her to sit right here and smile for me.


That wasn't exactly the type of smile I was going for but she was very animated and happy to be posing so who was I to complain?

I have a feeling we will be back soon, the place is huge and I could see taking several photos of all kinds of things. I crave new places to go to take pictures, I need to find more, and find places where kids are crawling out of the woodwork so Summer can play with her "friends" as she likes to call them.

We ended up having a very late dinner but no one complained, which made the evening enjoyable for everyone. I almost thought about just stopping and having ice cream for dinner but we can always do that another night.

No comments: