Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why?


Yesterday I put on a skirt and when Summer saw me she told me I was a princess. I felt special all day because of that simple comment. I guess you could say that I am in love with this little girl, I can't imagine life without her. I know most people must feel the same way about their children because having such a wonderful little person who looks sorta like you and acts kinda like you - a little person that you created and grew inside you - is simply amazing. I can't stop telling her how beautiful she is, I can't stop looking into her eyes and wondering how it was possible that she exist. I look at those plump little lips and wonder just how this could have happened, how did we make her to be so perfect in every single way? I never imagined having a little child would be so much fun and change my life in such a way that still, after two years, blows my mind. Sometimes while she is playing and thinking I watch her and wonder what she is going to be like, she is already so amazing and says some of the craziest things! We went to a consignment store on Monday and they had a big wooden giraffe, daddy lifted Summer up to see the eye a bit closer and she asked him her very first why question, "Why is its eye so big"? Who would have thought that I would be ready and looking forward to the whys! Daddy replied, so he can see far away and she was happy with that answer for now.

No comments: