Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend Fun

I was looking forward to going out and seeing fairies and fairy things but they canceled the fairy fair - what a bummer! Instead we went and hung out with a friend and had a very nice time. Since you aren't going to be seeing any cool fairy pictures of fairies, food, fun, I guess I will have to make up another story to keep you entertained. First I should share a new picture of Summer, she was in a great mood on Friday night and happily let me fix her hair and change her shirt and put on a pair of stick on earrings. Then she sat where I told her she should sit and gave me some cute smiles.



Look at her, she is getting so big and girly looking, what happened to my little baby, I mean seriously it has only been 2 years 1 months and 12 days! Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Story time ... I have no good stories planned so I am going to have to just wing something. (writer's block I guess, not one single thing coming to mind) --- (still nothing) ---

Oh well I can't think of anything to tell you right now but I am looking forward to an adventure tomorrow, we are going hiking and I will take a few pictures so hopefully something interesting happens then. In the meantime I can tell you about teaching Summer her ABC's, while it may not be very entertaining as some stories, I think it is cute!

I have been wanting to teach Summer her ABC's - and a few nights ago I started teaching with the letter B. We skipped A because I don't know how to teach the sound, should I go with both long and short sounds so we will come back to A later.

B - I drew a B several times on a piece of paper to show her what it looked like (large only, not sure how to teach small letters either) and then I drew an A, B, and a C on three different index cards and mixed them up and asked her to find the B and that was a success. She can already do the B sound bbb bbb bbb and she knows the word Baby starts with the letter B. We have a Dr. Seuss dictionary so I went through all the other B words. I also have that alphabet bus and told her to find the B and after I showed her she can find and press the B. I want to try to pick a new letter every few days and see how she does, of course only if she wants, teaching should be fun and I hope she enjoys learning as much as I did.

Ok we are going hiking tomorrow so better stories and pictures soon!

It isn't much but to me it was a lot. I want to take a letter a day and just go with it.

No comments: